Full Stack Developer – API Acceleration Team
ref : 551917 | 21 Dec 2018
apply before : 20 Apr 2019
CityStars, Cairo, Égypte - Egypt
about the role
The OBS IT department is in charge of decision-making information systems, serving Orange Business Services different line of businesses such as marketing, pre-sales, sales, production, after-sales services, and customer-service for both France and international. domains.
In this context, the API Acceleration Program is a new project within OBS IT, aiming at accelerating the internal transformation within the organization. The main aim of the program is to transform the architecture of the existing applications to be more modular with REST APIs, and to provide Self-Service APIs to the Orange Business Services customers. Part of this program is creating a transversal team of developers and architects, whose main target is to design/develop the Orange Business Logic API layer as well as to act as a transversal enabler to help other development teams peruse their API transformation as early as possible.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The full-stack developer will be working closely with the technical lead, the SCRUM master managing the project and architect in addition to the product IT delivery manager.
In an Agile context, the full-stack developer is required to undertake the following responsibility:
- Help in designing overall architecture of the web application.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Strong ability to work in a team
- Adept at various technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management
- Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- Database (SQL server/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra)
- Proficiency in one or more of the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- micorservcies and design patterns
- Linux shell scripting
- PaaS such as Cloud Foundry of Docker/Kubernetes/Openshift
- Experience with Queue mechanisms such as Kafka, RabitMQ and usage of push notifications.
- Excellent experience in developing REST API (+ Swagger)
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (such as Git, Mercurial or SVN)
- Experience in using API Gateways is a plus
- Test tools (Code Quality / Vulnerability / Performance etc…)
- Good experience in working in Agile and DevOps is a plus
- ITIL foundation knowledge (certificate is a plus)
- B.Sc. in computer science or equivalent
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
2-5 years’ experience in development activities
Customer Marketing& Innovation
Orange Business Services manages and integrates the complexity of international communications, freeing our customers to focus on the strategic initiatives that drive their business. Our extensive experience and knowledge in global communication solutions, together with our understanding of multinational business and local support in 166 countries and territories, ensure that our customers receive a consistent, global solution wherever they do business.
Orange Business Services
discover our recruitment process