Cloud Operation Engineer
ref : 551946 | 09 Jan 2019
apply before : 09 Apr 2019
CityStars, Cairo, Égypte - Egypt
about the role
A Cloud Operation Engineer shares responsibility in the implementation, operation and management of Flexible Engine Cloud infrastructure. The Cloud Operation Engineer uses a strong understanding of all aspects of a cloud centered data center both on a physical level and virtual level, and the ability to troubleshoot, identify and resolve very complex problems in a timely and professional manner. The role also requires strong execution and focus to meet the needs of our Cloud customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommend technical solutions that will enhance performance, increase redundancy, and add flexibility to the existing infrastructure.
- Quickly turn business problems into technical solutions.
- Manage configurations and the deployment of equipment in compliance with established technology policies.
- Implement new changes and services on preprod environment and validate the changes meet our standards and criteria.
- Document all the steps involved during the changes, and be able to do any requested documents and guides of the changes as needed.
- Interact with other team members to offer assistance in troubleshooting, and knowledge transfer activities
- Regular participation in change control activities that comply with ITIL change management.
- Build solution and scripts that enhace the function of our site and help operate and maintain our infrastructure.
Requirements – Education, Skill & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or 4+ years of experience in a technical position.
- 2+ years of experience in system administration/cloud implementation.
- Excellent knowledge on openstack cloud platform and its different services.
- Fluency in English in Both writing and Speaking , French is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with customers.
- Critical thinking skills, problem solving aptitude.
- Accountability, commitment and having a sense of urgency
- Experience in implementing large-scale cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work as a productive member of a team Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated capability to achieve results under pressure. Manages time effectively and according to priorities.
- Experience working on geographically dispersed team.
- Solid knowledge of AWS public cloud and its different services.
- Implementing appropriate monitoring tools for cloud networks.
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies, such as
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS),
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS),
- Linux system administration experience which includes:
- Linux performance tuning
- Linux kernel's networking stack
- Linux Namespaces
- Linux Load balancer
- Linux Virtual Server
- Scripting/Programming experience
Orange Cloud for Business
Orange Business Services manages and integrates the complexity of international communications, freeing our customers to focus on the strategic initiatives that drive their business. Our extensive experience and knowledge in global communication solutions, together with our understanding of multinational business and local support in 166 countries and territories, ensure that our customers receive a consistent, global solution wherever they do business.
Orange Business Services
discover our recruitment process