Sr Solutions Expert
ref :565322 | 01 Oct 2021
apply before : 21 Aug 2022
5 Talavera Road, Sydney, Australie - Australia
about the role
Asia Pacific continues to be the fastest-growing region in the world. The Asia Pacific region is part of the engines of Orange Business Services global growth and as a result has continuously invested in the market to be a partner for enterprises in their digital journey. Central to this journey is the need for enterprise organisations to improve operational efficiency, enhance customer experience or create new revenue streams through the application of the Internet of Things. Orange Business Services provides all aspects of the Internet of Things value chain which makes us a valuable choice as partner whether an organization is at the beginning of their digital journey and looking to procure end to end solutions to solve business problems or is more advanced and looking to complement or augment their own digital capabilities with a specific component of the value chain.
Successful positioning of Internet of Things technology requires engagement across a broad set of stakeholders within our customer accounts plus some domain expertise in the target verticals of supply chain, resources, construction, utilities and property services, thus we are open to applicants from a variety of industries and backgrounds. We value team players who seek a thorough understanding of the priorities and business drivers of their key stakeholders and knowledge of the trends and challenges of the industries we are targeting.
Our mission is to recommend, design, implement and support transformative Internet of Things solutions for our global enterprise customers; create mutual value for our industry partners; and deliver the revenue and margin aspirations of the Business Unit and APAC region. We seek to provide the highest level of customer experience and ensure value in every engagement through a deep understanding and alignment of business objectives.
- We are looking for a Snr Solution Expert specialized in the Internet of Things to work in the APAC region.
- The Snr Solution Expert works with our sales and pre-sales teams to understand customer needs and objectives and architect IoT based solutions to meet the requirements.
- The Snr Solution Expert will work with internal delivery groups and external partners to define scope and oversee implementation of IoT project delivery and repeatable solution development.
- The objective of this role is to provide technical leadership to the OBS IoT team, and contribute to OBS winning large IoT projects and developing an ecosystem of IoT applications and solutions that drive utilisation of our core capabilities in network, platform and integration services.
- The Solution Expert will be a part of the Smart Mobility Services Business Unit of Orange Business Services and represents the Business Unit in APAC region.
- Guide the design of technical software from the business requirements by leveraging design methods, patterns, and best practices
- Document, review and acquire acceptance of all design deliverables with key stakeholders
- Build and develop relationships with internal stakeholders including in region sales and pre-sales resources; industry and product leaders in other regions, finance teams, support teams and thought leaders.
- Develop domain expertise in some or all of the following industries: resources; property services; utility; supply chain & logistics; construction.
- Identify and develop new partnerships with domain experts in target industries and technology leaders in IoT.
- Contribute to account planning to assist the sales strategy for target accounts.
- Work with and collaborate in multi-functional & multicultural, geo dispersed teams (sales, product, marketing, engineering, consultants)
- Spend time with key customers and partners to understand business problems, needs, budgets and opportunities.
- Evangelize the Orange IoT strategy and value proposition via external communication and events.
- Understand the full OBS portfolio and how to leverage and augment adjacent products and solutions to ensure maximum value.
Experience and profile
- Min. recognized degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related disciplines
- Min. 10 years as a solution architect within a System Integrator or IoT Specialist Organisation
- Experience in Web Services (REST/SOAP) and application security best practices/frameworks.
- Experience with Continuous integration tools/process flows (Github, Jenkins), continuous deployment, agile methodologies
- Experience with Azure cloud platform and IoT suite
- Able to define large-scale and complex architectures with good understanding of functional and non-functional requirements, technology risks and limitations
- Should have project management experience
- Should possess experience in leading and working with a global team or industrial partners in solution assembly
- Must be willing to work on operational matters and are technically inclined
- Able to generate technical proposals and presentations in order to support sales bid
- Possess good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Relentless customer focus
- Sense of responsibility & ownership: results minded, tenacity with a "get it done" mind set
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to independently problem solve
- Ability to understand and work within process boundaries.
- ‘Can do’ attitude and willingness to find new solutions to old problems
- Experience working with or in one of the following industries: Construction, Resources, Utility, Supply Chain & Logistics,
- Multi-lingual preferred but not essential : English plus French, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese or Malay.
- Experience working across APAC region preferred.
Sales & Marketing Asia Pacific
of our employees are proud to work for Orange
recommend Orange as a good place to work
is the candidate experience in France, in the category of companies with over 1,000 employees
Since 2011, Orange has GEEIS (Gender Equality European & International Standard) certification in some twenty countries