a few tips
- check the job advertisement carefully to fully understand what the position entails and what is expected of the applicant.
- think carefully about the skills you already have and that you must focus on, but also those those that you must develop. It's not a question of hiding what you don’t know, but rather showing that you are able to learn.
- find out about the company, its business and its sector of industry. You can't know everything, nor is that necessary at this point, but it is important to know the overall context.
- find out where the interview will take place and make sure you know how to get there, to avoid turning up late.
- if it is a telephone interview, find somewhere quiet to take the call, where you are not going to be disturbed.